Orange & White Checkered Flag
Orange and White Vehicle Flags are airport flags that are typically required for any vehicle working inside, or around an airport project. Our orange and white checkered flags can be purchased with or without a dowel that mounts to the vehicle. The dowel sizes available are either 60” or 72”. The Airport Safety flag is a 36”x36” heavy duty nylon checkered flag stitched with a sleeve made to be used with a dowel. Our flags are in stock, and can be shipped today.
Important information regarding the orange and white checkered flag:
According to the FAA specifications the orange and white checkered flag is often required for vehicles working in the airport operations area (AOA). In order to know if your project requires a vehicle flag, see the excerpt from the FAA spec below.
FAA specification AC 150/5210-5D states:
d. Airport Security and Other Vehicles
(1) Vehicles other than those that routinely traverse any portion of the airport operations area AOA under the control of Air Traffic Controller (ATC), which are not escorted by a vehicle in constant two-way radio communication with the ATC and properly equipped and authorized to operate in the AOA, must be provided with a flag on a staff attached to a vehicle so that the flag readily visible.
(2) At airports without air traffic control facilities, flags must be provided on all vehicles.
(3) The flag must be 3-foot by 3-foot (0.9 meter by 0.9 meter) square having a checkered pattern of international orange and white squares at least 1-foot (300 mm) on each side (See appendix A for fabric color specification).
Note: The vehicle flag should be installed on a dowel suspending the flag above the highest point of the vehicle. It is important
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Size: 36”x36”
- Heavy duty stitched nylon with dowel sleeve
- Dowel sizes available: 60” or 72”